Saturday, July 2, 2011

Birthday

On the radio today, they said Louis Armstrong (born August 4th) always wanted people to celebrate him on July 4th instead. I can't think of a more American family tradition to start than listening to Louis all day on the 4th each year!!

Tomorrow is my birthday! I will be 23. I am volunteering at the Eno River Festival all morning and then finding a nice shady spot on a blanket the rest of the day. There is a booth there every year that sells wonderful handmade wooden children's toys... and of course Parlez Vous Crepes will be there!

Quinten made cinnamon rolls because I didn't want a cake (cake is sort of the not-as-tasty version of... all other desserts):

birthday cinnamon rolls

birthday cinnamon rolls

My kitty very, very carefully climbed up onto my belly to snuggle me.

kitty love

I forgot that Ash took a picture while I was on the acupuncture table:
acupuncture

No comments:

Post a Comment