Monday, July 18, 2011

Getting close now...

I will be 35 weeks this Wednesday. HOLY COW. I weigh 155, pretty much the same as my husband now.

33 weeks

The beach last week was lovely. We stayed in an area of the Outer Banks with a private beach (Southern Shores) so everything was clean, uncrowded, and quiet. Live and learn though- that island is almost completely void of heathy food. Their "gourmet" markets are pathetic! Just a couple choices of overpriced brand name "natural" stuff that isn't even organic. There was exactly ONE place to get fresh whole grain bread, but it was $5 per loaf. I had to get some sad looking organic produce from Harris Teeter. Lame. I'm so glad we brought nice beef/sausage/chicken from Whole Foods from home! And I also baked a loaf of my own bread to bring, and brought local honey/peanut butter. SO I didn't starve, but I did eat a whole lot more junk food than I wanted to, which only upset me because I'm trying to give Lucca 100% the best of everything, I don't really care about indulging on vacation for myself. I tried to eat ice cream out one night... it gave me a MASSIVE headache almost instantly! So I guess I have properly detoxed myself from my former sugar addiction.

I did a lot of napping, a lot of walking, and a lot of sunbathing (no burning!!) so Lucca did a lot of growing. My liver pain came back. :( Still working on that one.. but at this point, his little butt and feet are always all up on it, so I'm not sure how it can stop hurting completely.

obx 2011

obx 2011

obx 2011

I have been craving sun gold tomatoes all year, and they finally came in our garden!!

sun golds!

I can't wait to take Lucca to the Eno Festival next year! So much to explore.

eno festival 2011

eno festival 2011

eno festival 2011

eno festival 2011

eno festival 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment