Monday, September 5, 2011

So...tired....

GAR. Baby is sound asleep on my chest, now that I am WIDE AWAKE. He was up all night fussing.

He is four weeks old tomorrow!! I heard it all gets easier after 6 weeks. HERE'S HOPING. Breast feeding should get a lot less time consuming as well. I have got to figure out nursing in the sling, it will make me a lot less tied to my butt during this frequent-nursing era. Good thing he is so cute. The weather is so perfect right now, I hate that I am missing so many nice days outside. It's just too much of a pain in the butt to carry around all the diapers and blankets and pillows I need right now... the second I get outside, he is asleep and I'm wishing I was in bed so I could just go to sleep as well. Moments outside are rare and greatly appreciated. He LOVES being outside though, and he loves being worn in both the ring sling and the moby.

in the garden

in the garden

on the swing with mamaw

My nipples are killing me. OY. OUCH OUCH.

Being pregnant for so long and now nursing a newborn makes me antsy... so much time sitting down!! I really want to go outside and RUN AS FAST AS I CAN. I feel physically normal, but I know my post partum healing isn't technically done. I still have a few weeks left where if I push myself too hard, I could hurt my poor uterus which is working so hard to heal itself (even if I can't feel it happening). If there is one thing I have learned about myself during this whole journey... I need to prioritize taking very good care of my body. I have never appreciated being able to MOVE so much, until now. And one of the things I said to Ash after giving birth was "I'm never going to waste another day in my life". The experience of doing something so amazing made me realize my true potential in life... and it made me sick to think of all the days I spent lying around watching TV, or surfing the internet, or wallowing in my own self pity. Even with the baby to take care of, I still find moments to do research on our cob house (which we want to start building early next year). I feel very motivated to actually get stuff done... for myself and also for my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment