Sunday, September 18, 2011

I love bedsharing

I love bedsharing... 24 hours of precious moments every day! Last night he slept two stretches of 3 hours in a row (with a little break to breast feed in the middle)... so I kind of got 6 hours of sleep? Kind of?

Some things about bed sharing I have learned:
1) I think the fact that I never sleep more than 3-4 hours at a time keeps me aware of my surroundings as I sleep (including him). It seems like an impossibility that I would roll over on him or something stupid. I often wake up a few seconds before he wakes up, due to how heightened my mommy senses have become.
2) I DO NOT MOVE at all anymore when I sleep. However I fall asleep, that's exactly how I wake up a few hours later. I always sleep facing him and he always sleeps facing me.
3) Nighttime is easy when your baby is right next to you. It doesn't feel too much like I am doing "work", and it's kind of fun to feel your day extend into your night and to watch the sun rise in hourly increments...(I feel like I have missed a whole lot of beautiful, peaceful darkness all these years by sleeping a bunch of straight hours!). Luca stays pretty chill all night because he knows exactly where we are.
4) There is more mommy/daddy time when you bedshare. Several nights a week we will both wake up at 2am or 4am, and have a conversation while I breast feed him, or share our dreams we were just having, or cuddle, etc.

bed sharing

bed sharing

kisses


He grew out of the xs, newborn sized diapers last week:
baby butt

And today... he COOED!!! Little tiny baby talk. REAL baby talk. And I think his smiles are real now. I just couldn't admit it for so long because his smile is so... GOOFY! It looks like a parody of a smile in an old fashioned cartoon. I have yet to capture that exact smile on camera, but it will be here when I do...

I tasted my breast milk today and it was TERRIBLE. It usually tastes like vanilla ice cream, so I think it has something to do with the fact that my diet has been 50% muscadine grapes. It turned his poop orange. I have got to start meal planning or something. I eat the same thing every day and my old hatred of food has come back to haunt me.

Last night we went to visit our friends Greg and Danielle and their lovely new baby Leo. I give you the first pictures of Leo and Luca... BABY FRIENDS!! Leo is so chill compared to Luca, I think their personalities will compliment each other well. Luca started a BIG fuss right before we left, but miraculously he stopped crying the second I put him in the car seat... he just looked out the window the whole ride home (it was his first night time drive, I think he liked all the lights).

luca and leo 2

luca and leo

We have yet to get a good picture of the four of us...
first family portrait

Thanks to Amanda Mae for making such a cut hat!! It came in handy today, it was cold!!

photo (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment