Sunday, April 1, 2012

What a sparkler!

He has such a sparkling personality. He's so goofy, and fun-loving. Yes, he still whines all the time but ever since I started working, it's so much easier to deal with. It may be because I don't have to hear it 24/7!! He made a pouty face like he was going to cry, when they dropped me off at work yesterday. Broke my heart. I wish I didn't have to work. They just cut Ash's hours at work (I forgot movie theaters do little to no business in the summer time). I'm talking to a neighbor who runs an in-home daycare, she is looking to hire an assistant. I could bring Luca with me, which is so great.

The more that time goes on, the more Ash and I think we don't want any more kids. So weird, considering how much I LOVE kids and love being around bunches of them. But I had a very strong feeling right before Luca was born... a voice inside saying "enjoy these last few days being pregnant" as if I wouldn't be pregnant again.

I had an amazing job opportunity at a local Montessori school as an assistant teacher (great pay, regular part time hours, paid vacation, full benefits). I went in for a day to try it out, and unfortunately, it was not a good fit. They had 12 one-year-olds in one classroom (SO not Montessori), and the day was so rigidly scheduled, there was about 12 total minutes of free play time. they were forced to sit on a rug and participate in activities many of them were too young for. They were barked at to "sit down" and "hold still" and a number of other things I refuse to force babies to do. The children were so wonderful, I miss them all even though I only knew them for 5 hours. I cried when I got home, I missed Luca so much while taking care of other people's babies.

SPRINGTIME!! Not that we had much of a winter, but I'm glad it's nice and warm already. Our life without AC begins now!

spring in durham!

playing with pedals

playing guitar

No comments:

Post a Comment