Saturday, December 25, 2010

Ash calls the embryo "Gene Swarm".

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Just as everyone was all grown up (youngest is 15) and Christmas is starting to lose it's charm, we learn that the spirit will be renewed again with a new addition next year!

We usually open presents on Christmas eve, so today is just about eating good food, eating sweets, playing games, and playing music.

DSCF2123

DSCF2142

Ash and I combined our Christmas budget (and chipped in $400 of our own dollars...) to get a mandolin! But we still got to open gifts since we always do not-so-secret-santa (there are really too many people in our family for each person to buy each other person a gift...). My brother Jonathon drew my name this year, and he went to a bead shop and made me a beautiful necklace!! Who knew he had such creative abilities?? My sister Alyssa got Ash, and she got him a bird house for the garden.

DSCF2117

One of my best friends from high school, Robin, came over and brought me this perfect little rattle:

Photo 596

I'M SO GLAD that she got me something made of sustainable wood/made in usa because it was a good test to see if people really listen when I tell them I prefer stuff like that. I also really like that the baby can SEE what is making the sound (it's a Montessori thing). So thanks, Robin!!

Dad won't admit he loves this cat but... come on.

DSCF2138

My brother got a very expensive air soft gun. It even has a scope, it's pretty fun to use.

Christmas 2010

There is also an archery set, but it didn't come with arrows like it was supposed to so we can't use it yet.

I have gained 2 lbs in about 24 hours. It all went STRAIGHT TO MY TUSHY!! I have always wanted a tushy! I am a bit worried though, because my mom gained 50-75 lbs with each pregnancy, and that seems INSANE to me. I am waiting for an email back from my midwife so I can know how much weight is ideal (don't want to trust the internet on this one), but if anyone knows, tell me! I plan on walking 1.5 miles every day and doing prenatal yoga. That combined with eating well, and I should be able to trust any weight gain as necessary.

1 comment: