Tuesday, December 28, 2010

First shopping trip for baby...

Robin, my sister and I went to Chapel Hill to shop for baby stuff at The Red Hen.

I got 4 onesies, 4 newborn sized pre fold cloth diapers, and 2 Bummies diaper covers. All this was used, and totaled $22 (the diaper covers were $5 each). I figured since I am going to be buying everything used, I should start looking for stuff as it comes into the store all year. That way I can get the best quality items and the best deals. The sky blue onsie is 100% organic cotton!! You can't get that for $2 anywhere else... I just realized that the newborn sizes white onsie says "5-7lbs", which may be an oopsie since all of my mom's babies were at least 8.5 lbs. I am shocked by my color choices... I hate pastels and thought I would come out with a lot more bright tones or earth tones. But there is a lot more pastel available for some reason. I looked at the maternity clothes but they didn't have anything good used (they had nice new items though).

I learned online that a newborn baby needs 15 cloth diapers and about 6 diaper covers... but how much clothing does a baby need?? I know it depends on how often you do laundry, but let's just assume that I am doing laundry every other day.

DSCF2250

I also bought a ton of recycled felt on sale for $2.50/yd at Joanne Fabrics, so I will be making more felt animals soon! The flannel goes on sale in a couple of days, so I will be buying some of that to make my own diaper covers. I also bought some fleece to make some little booties (I can barely knit in a straight line, never mind knit shoes).

No comments:

Post a Comment