Monday, February 14, 2011

First appointment!

I have been putting off blogging about it, since I couldn't get the photos off of my camera, but we had our first appointment with our midwife last Tuesday! I still can't get the photos off the camera, so I took a picture of one camera with my other camera, and made THESE grainy little bastards!!

This is a photo of Deb drawing my blood:
IMG_0009

This is a photo of the little machine that picked up and broadcasted the baby's heartbeat!
IMG_0012

She also took my blood pressure (perfect), asked me questions about my medical history (we had already done this at my preconception appointment but she wanted to go over it again), and I signed the consent forms giving her permission to do all the medical stuff to me that was necessary.

We have an audio recording of the heartbeat on Ash's phone, thanks to a little quick thinking on his part. Usually Ash is not a "documenter" type of person (he even expressed interest in having no cameras at the birth!), but he was totally on top of it because I asked him to be. He even sent it via text message to our moms. Thanks, honey!!

Here is my first "belly pic". You can see that I have a little pooch (as my mom calls it), but nothing big. Big enough to make me go up a pant size and big enough to make my bladder much smaller, but small enough that I can still sleep on my stomach. Sleeping on my back is uncomfortable though (I'm not supposed to sleep like that anyways, but sometimes you wake up at night like that!). This picture was taken at 11 weeks 4 days, or TODAY! I will probably take one every week for my own records, and only put a photo up here if there is a noticeable difference.

IMG_0005

Our next appointment will be at the end of March, around week 17, so we can sex the baby and see Deb all in one trip to Chapel Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment