Tuesday, June 7, 2011

29 weeks

Weighing in at 147 lbs....

28 weeks

I have been making so much homemade bread, about 6 loaves per week. I also made some homemade pizza dough (recipe from the Kitchen Aid mixer book).

homemade bread
homemade pizza

And here are photos of that toy box Quinten made! He used no power tools to make this. Or nails/screws (except to hold the handles on). Just hand chiseled dovetail joints!

hand made toy box
hand made toy box

I have finally started feeling a lot more kicks up by my ribs, rather than out to the right side of my belly button, which means he has stopped being in a silly sideways position and has started hanging out head down. Good boy!! He's still just as active as ever... kick kick kick kick... I'm still having that stabbing pain in my upper right abdomen. The chiropractor just thinks it's my liver and galbladder being squished by my intestines and their contents. The midwives aren't concerned unless I start having high blood pressure. The visit to the chiropractor last Thursday did make my back pain stop, thank goodness! It was really bad. I know it will be back in a couple of weeks as I gain more weight and my spine shifts again... but that's why I have another appointment!

The chickens are so cute, they act just like big chickens only they are tiny so they fall over a lot and peep and are generally ADORABLE.

sleeping babies

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how well this would work with a 29 week belly, but it might be worth a try - one thing I've found really helpful for back pain (I have chronic back pain, sometimes pretty debilitating) is to lay on a ball. I actually have these squishy plastic balls called "miracle balls" for the specific purpose, but a tennis ball works as well. Put the ball under the muscle/area of your back that hurts and lay across it, letting your body relax and breathing deeply. It helps align your spine and loosen tense muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of the techniques we practiced in the last Hypnobabies class (the "birth rehearsal")- only we just leaned over the birth ball and our husbands pushed tennis balls into our backs! Well, we only mimed it because we didn't have the tennis balls. We will have to dig around the garage, I know there are some in there...

    The back pain actually got so bad tonight, I went online a googled "preterm labor" just to make sure this wasn't the kind of back pain women describe when they have back labor. It went away but it took a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete