Wednesday, June 29, 2011

acupuncture

Acupuncture was a great experience... I have never met people who have such a thorough understanding of health and nutrition than those at Oriental Health Solutions. I feel like the info they gave me today is the last info I will ever need about food. It all seems so simple now.

The needles hurt a smidge going in, but that's to be expected since the pain being treated was pretty bad. She just treated my right side, since my pains have all been on the right. It turns out that the points on my spine and in my neck that were sensitive and uncomfortable were actually reflex points for my liver! So it was all connected. My other complaints were all related to low blood sugar. She says all of my carb and sugar loading as a teen have created some insulin resistance in my body, so whenever I eat fruit or honey or maple syrup, I need to make sure there is plenty of protein/fat to go with it and I should be fine. Poor pancreas! I'm sorry I abused you so!

I left there feeling 100% better, just like magic. After spending time in the car and accidentally ingesting 36 grams of sugar, I'd say it's down to about 75% better. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to see how I REALLY feel, because she seemed to think that this was the only session I would need (unless she takes a look at my bloodwork I'm bringing in tomorrow and sees something else she should treat).

No comments:

Post a Comment