Tuesday, June 28, 2011

32 weeks tomorrow: warning, whining ahead!

"You know, it's funny that they only call the last part labor!"

Yes, darling, YOU ARE SO RIGHT.

The end of each day is so rough. Everything hurts and nothing makes it better. My belly and back ligaments ache from the weight they've carried all day. My spine feels like it's going to snap in half from all the pressure. My diaphragm is being kicked (feels like almost getting the wind knocked out of you). My ankles and/or hips hurt. I could eat a horse but there ain't room in there for much of anything. My liver is still constantly aching and I have no idea why. I pee about four times per hour and need to drink water constantly (I only pee about four times the whole night, luckily). When I'm not aching, I'm too dizzy to do much of anything.

I'm not getting enough exercise. I'm eating well, at least I hope I am (still no sugar cravings). I will be visiting the acupuncturist/chinese herbalist tomorrow and I just KNOW they are going to make me drink bone broth!! But If I can be less uncomfortable, I will do anything.

I have got to find out how they came up with the 80-100 grams of protein per day figure. That seems more and more ridiculous every day. Of course I feel BEST when I eat that much protein, but that's a TON of food and I can't picture evolution favoring such needy neediness.

I think I've ate like 3 whole watermelons in the past week. Way to be a stereotype!

I did my last babysitting shift today. I'm sure I'll pick up an odd job here or there but... I'm really glad I'm stopping. I almost fell asleep on the floor today. The family gave me a nice goodbye card with a picture of the little girl in it. So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment