Thursday, June 30, 2011

Music and Movement

He is big enough now that I can find his body parts! I can tell whether that poke was feet or hands. I can tell whether that bulge is head or butt. I think he is actually in a decent position most of the time, because most of his feet kicks are on my upper right abdomen, implying left occiput anterior. He still moves, turns, stretches, and pokes CONSTANTLY and mostly during the day.

My liver feels 90% better this morning, but I did throw up and have a couple difficult hours on the toilet. Not sure whether that was just my liver detoxing or normal pregnancy poop problems. But last night I was feeling so great, I didn't even feel pregnant. I slept really well.

I have another appointment with the midwives this afternoon (every two weeks feels so often!) and an appointment with the chiropractor (including a mini massage, yay!). I hope my bloodwork came back ok and that my blood pressure is fine (last time it has gone up a little, which still had me well within the normal range but it was high for me).

We are releasing our album today, not sure what time, but you can expect a link here! I'd say 50% of the songs are about how messed up the world is, 30% are love letters, and the last 20% are story telling (but all of it is highly poetic nonsense). We worked really hard on it for over a year, so I hope some of you can enjoy it!!

I have a feeling that the next project we do will be kids music. Both because Ash has already started writing some and because we will have a kid and we DESPISE most stuff marketed as "children's music". We were shopping in the Red Hen the other day, and there was this AWFUL remake playing of "Here Comes the Sun". I mean, it's not like everything has to be simplified with bad electronic instruments and patronizing voices in order for kids to enjoy it. In fact, I think it just teaches them to have low standards when it comes to music.

2 comments:

  1. I would buy your kids music album! I totally agree. Btw - did you guys ever figure out a good Hobbity name for yourselves? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no we didn't!! I guess he wants to just release stuff as "Ashley Hopkins". That's fine for now, but if I ever start contributing to the writing of the songs, then we will have to change it to be fair!

    ReplyDelete