Sunday, October 23, 2011

Vaccines

He got poked on Thursday morning... he screamed pretty loud but only for about ten seconds. He got Pc and DTaP. The day after Thanksgiving he gets Hib, then Dec 13th more dtap and pc, and then on in that pattern until he is 6 months old.

He just slept a lot the day after (Fri) but he held his poop the whole time. Saturday he finally pooped, and I took him to the Ross's house for a couple hours. By 7pm he was fussing so we took him home. He then screamed for an hour, no matter what we did or offered, and fell asleep at about 9:30pm. He woke up to nurse at 12:30. He woke up to scream for another hour at 2am. I dreamed I learned I was pregnant again and then just laid on the floor screaming and crying. Then he woke up every hour until 9am, fussing but refusing to nurse more than ten seconds and rubbing his face repeatedly on the bed. Maybe the vaccines made him itchy??

I really wish they kept data on the prevalence and severity of these diseases in different groups, because I have a feeling that my breastfed and not-in-daycare baby probably doesn't need all this crap!!

In good news:

10 weeks
10 weeks

I got a long, thick woven wrap, used, from an online forum called The Baby Wearer. It's by far the most comfortable babywearing device I have tried.

in his new woven wrap

He has finally cut back on the nursing. He feeds are much shorter and he hasn't fed every hour for a week now. Now if he would just sleep longer...

He has started using his little baby potty :)

I think I have decided that my favorite cloth diapering system is cotton prefolds (with thin hemp doublers at night) snappied under a wool cover. The wool shorties are extremely leakproof, breathable, and adorable (can be worn as pants or under clothes, and come as "longies" as well). The Bum Genius pocket diapers leak. The plastic covers are not as comfy for him. The all-in-ones don't wash and dry well. The g-diapers don't hardly work at all. The fitted and contour diapers just don't fit as well, causing my covers to get dirty more than is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment