Thursday, March 1, 2012

Acupuncture: round 3

Had some KILLER points during acupuncture yesterday. The one that hurt the most was in my ear, a point that "settles the mind". I felt WONDERFUL for a couple of hours afterward.

Feeling good today... went for a walk with Luca. As it gets warmer, our neighborhood is really showing its personality. It's so much better being happy all the time. It makes me sad, because I barely remember the last 6 months, I was in such a fog. I feel like I have missed out on Luca's babyhood, since I wasn't fully there, mentally. It feels nice to hear him cry and not have to fend off a panic attack. It feels nice to wake up, still very tired, but not so exhausted that I have to will my limbs to move at all. It feels nice to see my husband do one of those little-annoying-things and just smile to myself, rather than silently fume and obsess.

Luca only woke up 3 times last night, which is lucky because Ash woke up with a sore throat, and I can let him sleep in.

I took Luca to The Regulator to look at some books, yesterday. A new big color picture book called "Tiny Homes: Simple Shelter" was there, and I got SO inspired looking through it that I sat down (giving Luca a toy) and sketched down some great ideas. To build without proving structural integrity your building has to be 12'X12' or smaller, and I was struggling imagining living in a place that small. But this book showed how it could be done (tip no. 1: outdoor kitchen! tip no. 2: bath house!).

Nutritionist said my diet doesn't have enough variety, carbohydrates, or FLAVOR! I guess I would eat more if my food actually tasted good, eh? I'm looking up some recipes right now, for tomato-less barbecue sauce and marinara sauce. A good meat sauce over some quinoa pasta sounds DELICIOUS.

Neil deGrasse Tyson is coming to UNC and I can't go because I have a baby :( Eh. Fair trade. ;)

Edit: HE IS CRAWLING BACKWARD!! I swear he learned it from Leo the other day, because he was doing nothing resembling crawling until after their play date.

I just realized that my DMER is gone. Breastfeeding only feels warm, fuzzy, happy, etc now. Oh it's so wonderful!!

Tonights tasty dinner adventure: white fish on corn tortillas with fruit salsa (mango, pineapple, cilantro, onions, salt, pepper), rice cheese (thought I'd give it a try...), and lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment