Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Weird dreams

Luca slept 1.5 hours in a row, during a nap, both today and yesterday. He has even been playing on the floor for up to ten minutes, all by himself without crying. We gave him the first dose of that generic prilosec today. We had to get the prescription filled at a special "compound" pharmacy, which I didn't even know existed!

 I can't blame these dreams on the Valerian, I stopped taking it.

 Last night I dreamt Ash and I were driving around downtown Durham in a jeep with no top. We picked up my sister and brothers and were going to visit some friends. But then, the sky got all dark and the weather looked so bad, I didn't think we would make it home before a tornado struck. So we drove into a parking garage for shelter. As we neared it, I realized something weird was going on because there were tons of people in this parking garage, so many that they were spilling out onto the streets. People were remarking on how the toilets inside were "full" so you'd better pee on the street before going in! We went inside, ready to watch the storm, but soon several planes and helicopters were visible, sealing in the surrounding buildings with gray matter, ending with the building we were in. I realized the "gray matter" was billions of tiny spiders, which were spinning a protective web around the building to keep us from being hit by flying matter during the storm. I took out a notebook and pencil and started jotting down all the things I wished I had kept in the car, like army meals and a first aid kit, for situations like this. But then we realized things were really quiet, and that they weren't going to let us out not that the storm was over. Rumors started circulating that we weren't ever going to be let out, but had been captured for a government time travel program. Apparently there was a massive die-off in the future and they had come back in time to collect people to replace their dwindling population. So pretty soon we were being given iPads with instructions of how to blend in with our new lives. We were given nice cushy jobs depending on our skills (Ash and I were working in agriculture), and we were all given uniforms because everyone over the age of 16 in the future is automatically in the army. The uniforms were like in "Avengers" (which I have only seen on the internet, I have not seen that movie). Ash and I kept turning into Andrew bird and his wife, who were playing us in the filming of the the movie version of what was going on. Then we disembarked and saw our new home: adorable little cottages by the sea... the ocean was now right up against downtown Durham, which was surrounded by desert as far as the eye could see. The houses had multilevel platforms on the inside, which served as beds and eat surfaces. It was a very efficient use of space, I remember thinking.

 Then this morning I had a nightmare that Luca was chocking on some chicken that I chewed up for him. I looked at him and his lips melted off his face. I kept "waking up" in bed over and over but I really wasn't awake. A round, older hispanic woman told me "babies may give you stretch marks, but they do WONDERS for your legs!" I tried looking at the clock but it was encased in a diamond so I couldn't read it. My blankets were suffocating me, wrapping tighter and tighter, and I screamed and screamed until I finally woke myself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment