Monday, March 21, 2011

Consignment store finds

I found a used Baby Bjorn for $11!!!!!!! Those things are $80 minimum brand new. It has some stains on it, it looks like someone tried to use a little bleach or something silly, but who cares! I tested out all the buckles and belts to make sure they were working properly... even with all the wear and tear on it, it appears to be super high quality and like it will last a lifetime. I know there is some concern with this carrier, because it puts most of the weight on the baby's crotch rather than their bum, but I plan on using a ring sling or wrap for everyday use. For things we do occasionally (like hiking long distances) I thought it would be nice to have something easier to get on and off and pass between us, and with better support for the shoulders. Especially for Ash. If it turns out to suck, oh well, I only paid $11!

I also bought 4 receiving blankets for about a dollar each... they look like they will make really good baby wipes, cut up.

It's hard to find sleep gowns. The sleep sacks are not usable for someone who's practicing EC and needs quick access to the aft-end of the baby. I found one today for $4.

I bought two guard rails for my mom's bed, per her request. She wants to be able to take naps with the baby and cuddle with it when Ash and I are on date nights. She wants to buy me a breast pump as well, so I can enjoy occasional date nights and baby-free-errand-running (and maybe working a shift or two?).

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I don't think the Bjorn is the ideal carrier for every day use, but like you say - it's so good for hiking or other similar situations. That is such a great deal! And I'm giggling over the phrase "aft-end of the baby."

    ReplyDelete