Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dreams

My pregnancy dreams have all been the craziest, weirdest, most violent and most emotionally complex dreams of my life.

Last week I dreamt I was in an attic of a house, and I was staying with several roommates in this house. I was in the attic looking through one of my male roommate's personal belongings and I found the most disturbing book. It had antique, hand-drawn illustrations of infants being dissected and dismembered. It appeared as if this book was being fetishized by my roommate, because there were lots of hand written notes in it and it was a well-worn copy. I suddenly became terrified for my unborn child and realized that the ultimate intention of him moving in with me was to gain access to my baby to perform these dissections.

The night before last, I was in post-apocalyptic 19th century London, and I was a male apprentice in a law office of some kind. The whole dream was me fighting off my boss who was coming at me with a knife. I got away by swimming through miles and miles of ice cold water. That's the first time I have ever dreamed I was someone else, or that I was male! I feel like since my baby is male that had something to do with it... it felt like I was watching someone else's dream but from their perspective.

Last night I dreamt I was pregnant with quintuplets. I was extremely excited about it and the whole dream was me daydreaming in my head as I drove around in the car with my family. Eventually toward the end of the dream I started to wake up a little, and I remembered my real life ultrasound and that there was only one baby on the screen. I woke up feeling very upset that my other four babies had died.

No comments:

Post a Comment