Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sick all day yesterday with food poisoning symptoms, which started immediately after I ate AN ENTIRE PINT OF ICE CREAM at 10:30 in the morning. Oh yeah... remember that thing called lactose intolerance? YOU HAVE IT. Every normal sickness is just 300 times worse when you are pregnant, because the baby pretty much sucks all of the life energy out of you in order to be ok (that was my only comfort yesterday, knowing that I was feeling so horrible because my baby was strong enough to suck the life out of me). Every bone in my body aches as if I have the flu, but I have no fever. Hopefully that is just from the food poisoning and not from the two tick bites I had this week!

I actually tried to get in the car and go to my chiropractic appointment and then work, but when we got in there we found TWO GALLONS OF SPOILED MILK in the backseat. Needless to say, even after much cleaning, the smell was impossible to get out and we both couldn't stand to be in the car. It turned out to be a good thing since I immediately went inside and puked and it was all downhill from there. So thank you, spoiled milk, for keeping me home where a sick pregnant lady belongs!!

I ate the whole tub of ice cream because I had less than a half a cup of coffee, which sometimes makes me RAVENOUS a couple hours afterward. It makes me so mad that I can't enjoy a simple cup of coffee anymore, it's one of my favorite tastes in the world. I used to work at a coffee shop and drink multiple cups per day, so I haven't always been this sensitive. I also ate all the ice cream because I haven't gained weight in about 3 weeks, and I'm trying to eat more in general. Thank you, baby, for letting me know that I need to do it in a healthier way!!

I found this great link to some squatting exercises. Due to the fact that we sit constantly, we sit to go to the bathroom, and we get so little exercise, first world women have a harder time giving birth because things aren't aligned properly. If you are female and are reading this, you NEED to strengthen your pelvic floor! This can also help with common first world postpartum problems, like peeing when you sneeze or run, or discomfort during sex. I have been standing every time I pee since a little before I got pregnant, and that alone has made me feel much stronger. I can't wait to do these exercises after I start to feel better.

For more info on the subject of women's posture, the Spinning Babies website is excellent.

3 comments:

  1. Next time you are super hungry and need a quick calorie snack, I would try a peanut butter lollipop (a spoonful or two of peanut butter). quick, easy (as long as you keep a little peanut butter with you) and it's high calorie and protein!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are out of peanut butter and all forms of nuts :( But I agree, peanut butter on a spoon is a good idea. I need to go to the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. update: I bought a bunch of stuff and made a delicious trail mix. CALORIC INTAKE RISING!

    ReplyDelete