Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Teething?!

He's not even 4 months, and I can see a tooth coming in on the bottim right! I felt so much better after knowing why he was crying... I gave him my pinky to gnaw on and he felt better. It seems like one thing after another with this poor kid. I took a log of his Sunday in detail, and I was glad I did because it turned out to be a rough day. It was good to see confirmation that, yes, he does cry all the time and I have the right to claim to be as exhausted as I am. Sometimes I'm scared I'm just imagining it. Most days have felt unreal since he was born.

I had read that sometimes breastfeeding can make you feel aggressive... I wasn't sure about this until yesterday, when Ash took a shower, had a nap, and read a book whenever he wanted to, and it made me SO ANGRY. It's little things like that which I was completely unprepared to care about as a normal part of parenthood.

I decided to just go ahead and do the serious elimination diet, since he is nearing 4 months now and that's the cut off for developmentally-related fussing (as in, his digestive tract should be mature by now and working fine). I will revisit homeopathy after the teething and elimination diet is over, because right now it's too hard to tell what is causing what. So it's just turkey, lamb, pears, potatoes, rice, squash, salmon, carrots, oats, sunflower seeds, and grapes for me for two weeks.

He had several moments in the past couple of days where he seemed like a normal baby to me. He took a nap for two hours. He stayed happy for a whole hour another day. And on one of those days, I sat in a chair and sat him in my lap, and he just chilled for ten minutes like it was no big deal. I took an hour nap while daddy watched him yesterday, and woke up feeling like a different person... one who really enjoyed being with her baby. In those moments, I felt like myself again.... it felt amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment