Sunday, August 28, 2011

Anxiety... explained!

So I was feeling seemingly random anxious moments throughout the day... but it turns out it happens before every time I have a let down! So I googled it, and sure enough, it's a THING! D-MER. My oxytocin goes up to bring on the milk release, and my dopamine goes down. CRASH. Instant bad feelings. And considering I have an overactive letdown... that's a lot of bad feelings every day! It's not so bad if I'm out of the house or interacting with people because I don't notice it as much... but I spend most of my time at home not doing anything. So I've emailed my herbalist friend Nick Fox and my homeopathic doctor to find some solutions. But I will probably have to just suck it up and deal. It's terrible though, I'm always scared someone is going to ask me a question right before a let down and I'm going to snap at them.

Luca's trip out of the house went well. He loved hanging out at Weaver St. Everywhere we go, people always remark about how alert, calm, and observant he is when he's awake. He weighed 8lbs 6 oz, which means he gained a whole pound in one week. So I guess I have nothing to worry about just because he only poops once every 36 hours...

weaver street
first time in car seat

He usually sleeps with his forehead directly against my chest, or on his own folded arms, or with his arms covering his eyes, or some other adorable arrangement. Last night the three of us fell asleep watching a documentary, and he woke me up FOUR HOURS LATER to nurse! I got four whole hours of sleep in a row!! The rest of the night he woke me up his normal every 2 hours, so I probably got 6-7 hours total. WOW. I feel amazing this morning, as opposed to yesterday when I kept randomly crying like a toddler who skipped their nap (and you ask them if they are tired and they say "NO!" and cry harder).

funny sleeping positions 1
funny sleeping positions 2
funny sleeping positions 3
funny sleeping positions 4
funny sleeping positions 5

My grandma and Uncle came to visit... we got our four generations picture!! My grandma is so generous. I came downstairs every day to find the dishes washed and the laundry done.

four generations

1 comment: