Monday, August 1, 2011

Love

It's now to the point where sleeping is tough. It kind of stinks, because it used to be that laying down on my left side was guaranteed relief! And now that I don't have that... all I have is my 30 minutes of hypnobabies practice every day. I have constant contractions and they wake me up sometimes. The round ligament pain is pretty bad, it feels like a UTI if I try and change positions in my sleep without very carefully supporting my belly! My liver is under so much pressure, I have to keep my spine perfectly straight at all times in order to not be in excruciating pain. I just remembered though, my belly is supposed to drop down more and more as I get closer to birth, so he should be giving me some more room soon.

The good news is that since sleeping through the night isn't ideal/comfortable anymore, I'll be used to it before the baby gets here! Thank goodness I'm not working and can sleep during the day as much as I want. I don't think it will be a problem for me to "sleep when the baby sleeps", like everyone suggests. The hypnobabies thing has made it easier than it has ever been in my life to just lay down, close my eyes, relax and drift off.

As uncomfortable as I am, I still can't imagine having him anytime soon. HE HAS JUST GOT TO WAIT until after my brother moves out to college. I feel like it's important for one person to leave the house before another comes into it. Plus I get to turn his old room into a sewing room!!

The big sale at the Red Hen was today. I got 60% off everything... and everything in the store was already used anyways. Sweet deals galore! They did not have a single prefold left, so I just got 3 medium sized fitted diapers ($5 each!), one medium all in one ($5 as well), and an insert ($1). All the ECing websites seem to suggest they only ever use about ten diapers, even if they aren't doing it full time. So I should be covered, having way more than that, especially in newborn sizes (thanks Melanie!).

I went to a meetup tonight to hear some home birth stories. Everyone was so nice, positive, respectful, encouraging... and their babies were very cute. This area is really great as far as resources and support for the kind of mom I want to be. And integrating myself into this community has really helped me face the reality of becoming a parent.

Ash picked out a big hardcover moleskin notebook with heavy pages, to use as a baby book. Now we just have to go back in time and ask people how to make photos physically exist! I feel like anything we print out and put in there will just fade away in a couple years... does anyone know of a way to print archive quality photos from digital formats? And if I put them in the book by just laminating them straight onto the paper... will that preserve or destroy them?

I love my son so much already, and I haven't even met him. Looking at the little baby clothes he will soon fill brings tears to my eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Monochrome is the only way to get a true permanent image. I *think* there is a way to print black & white/monochrome digital images to have them be as permanent as a true developed image but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I don't know what that means...

    ReplyDelete