Monday, January 17, 2011

I can officially say I am "2 months" along this week!

We got back from Atlanta at 10pm last night and I got up at 7am this morning to go to work. The dad was basically there all day, which was really frustrating, since I nearly killed myself to wake up and get there that early (not to mention cut our trip short to get home on time). I was shaking I was so nauseous, hungry and exhausted all day. Luckily he was kind enough to notice how tired I was, and he let me go home early. It's hard to get people to understand (and care about) my limitations, since nobody seems to care that I'm pregnant and that IT IS HARD TO BE PREGNANT. Everyone else works their 40 hours a week no matter what, I get it, I'm spoiled to be able to stay home and rest. But I refuse to let the guilt of the Protestant work ethic (from other people, no less) force me into being miserable. I WANT TO SLEEP.

The Atlanta trip was a nice visit, it seems that Ash's friends and family from back home are not only 100% supportive and excited about our farming ambitions, but are also 100% supportive of our home birth plans. Shocker!! We ate a lot of terrible food while we were there, it's amazing that there are actually towns that exist where there is nowhere to eat but Hardees or Applebees. I met Ash's Papaw and Nana for the first time. They are the sweetest old couple ever! Makes me wish I had bothered to wash my hair and put on something nice before stumbling into their front door after a 6 hour drive... Ash's friend Jay (who is a good decade older and was his mentor in high school) is moving to Berlin in a couple of years so we will officially have contacts in three European countries! And they are also planning to get pregnant soon so our kid will have kids to hang out with when we take them with us over there one day (assuming the global peak oil economic collapse holds off for the next 5 years or so).

I finally fulfilled my fast food craving by going to Evos today (the yuppie/hipster/hippie fast food place). I had the most delicious grass fed cheeseburger, baked fries, and organic chocolate milkshake. HIT THE SPOT LIKE NOTHING EVER HAS since I've been pregnant. I wish they were in Durham so I could go every week.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, come to my town! Applebees is about the healthiest eat-out option here! And I've never heard of Evos, but it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete