Sunday, January 30, 2011

STILL SICK. My mom is worried that it might have turned into bronchitis now... 3 days of non-improving cough and green mucus production. One thing that helps is adding eucalyptus oil to boiling water, and breathing in the steam. It's so soothing. It makes my nose stop running, and my lungs and throat don't feel like I have been coughing. This effect only lasts about half an hour, but any relief is welcome! I am still also having strong food aversions and sudden onsets of nausea.

I missed all last week of work, and this week I have requests to ADD hours, and I don't even know if I will make any of the original ones. But after a point, I swear parents would rather I come over sick than I miss work again. I feel bad, a lot of people rely on me, but all I feel like doing is sleeping.

Ash and I start homeschooling my 15 year old brother Quinten tomorrow! He didn't even wake up until 2pm today, but he swears he will wake up at 10am every morning to do school with us. Ash has picked out "Slaughterhouse Five" as his first reading assignment. Any recommendations any of you have for books that a lazy 15 year old would enjoy (and no, he isn't interested in Harry Potter), pass it on. I can't even tell you what his interests are, ever since he started public school all he does is work out and listen to really bad hip hop. I don't care what kind of book it is, I just want him to enjoy reading ANYTHING.

IT'S A GLORIOUS DAY, 60 DEGREES!!

5 comments:

  1. Another oil to try inhaling is tea tree oil. It is naturally anti-bacterial, so if you do have bronchitis it would be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you're comfortable taking anti-biotics, but I was just diagnosed with Bronchitis last week, and have been taking some anti-biotics and now I feel SO MUCH BETTER. I can breathe without coughing up a lung! And, it doesn't hurt anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I NEED antibiotics, I will take them. But it has to be an actual bacterial infection for them to do anything, and I'm not sure if I'm just recovering slowly because I am pregnant.

    Cindy- I might try tea tree oil, it seems to have similar properties to the eucalyptus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just be careful with the tea tree oil. I've read conflicting things on whether pregnant women should use it or not(and these things never actually give reasons WHY pregnant women should stay away from it).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know that about tea tree and pregnancy - good to know! After a bit of googling, though, it looks like it is more a concern when tea tree is applied to the skin, which makes me think that a drop or two in a steam pot wouldn't do much.

    ReplyDelete